The CANBERRA INTERNATIONAL MUSIC FESTIVAL and the CANBERRA GLASSWORKS present
Smokestack Piano by Ken Unsworth
One of Australia’s most iconic artists, Ken Unsworth is well represented in all major galleries in Australia. His ongoing obsession with pianos, stones and large scale theatrical installations has earned him a place on the international stage.
Ken’s latest work is a baby grand piano with glass tentacles (sound bubbles made at the Canberra Glassworks) and is alive with light. On display in the Smokestack of the Canberra Glassworks, next to Fitters’ Workshop, the Festival will feature a series of short exclusive recitals not to be missed.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pianists: Jacob Abela, Roland Peelman and others.
- Friday 29 April, 6.30pm and 7pm
- Saturday 30 April, 3pm and 3.30pm - 5pm and 5.30pm
- Sunday May 1, 3pm and 3.30pm - 5pm and 5.30pm
- Fri May 6, 6.30pm and 7pm
- Sat May 7, 10am and 10.30am - 4.30pm and 5pm
- Sun May 8, 10am and 10.30am - 4.30pm and 5pm
Free event - click on the button below and choose a session time.