Artist and Venues Coordinator
Reports to: Artistic Director, works with Production Manager.
Note: Reports to the General Manager regarding HR and budget issues.
Position type: Part- time 10 hours per week - over no fewer than 2 days per week with full time hours the week prior to and during the Festival (27 April - 7 May 2017)
Duration: Contract to 12 May 2017 with the possibility of conversion to an ongoing position.
Salary: Negotiable depending on qualifications and experience
• Oversee all artist coordination including rehearsal schedules, transport, and accommodation.
• Be the key liaison person for all artists during the Festival, providing rehearsal updates, any change of schedules, instrument transport, accommodation or travel issues
• Oversee management of Festival venues other than the Fitter’s Workshop including liaison with venue management, production and technical details, meeting with venues regarding bump in, sound checks, technical requirements, venue access etc.
• Manage all external venue concerts, including briefing the FOH team and liaising with venue staff
• Work with Artistic Director and Production Manager to develop the artist schedule.
• Coordinate the Festival artists with the Production Manager and in consultation with the Artistic Director and Marketing Coordinator
1. Artist coordination
• Coordinate all artists in the lead up to and during the Festival, identity any potential or emerging issues and consult with Artistic Director and Production Manager to resolve issues.
• In consultation with the Artistic Director and Production Manager maintain the rehearsal schedule for the festival, and communicate this to all artists.
• Prepare and manage documents concerning artists, including rehearsal schedules, local travel details, transport between rehearsals and concerts, instrument hire for offsite venues etc.
• Manage music procurement and distribution for all concerts
• Provide Artist Welcome packs to Festival artists on arrival, including schedules, contact details, billeting information, transport information and local Canberra information
• Manage offsite production for all external venues prior to and during the Festival, develop all stage management plans, rehearsal schedules, concert running sheet, instrument moves and tuning etc
• Manage all external concerts including venue liaison, production and technical requirements, FOH team and venue access including bump in and bump out
• Supervise the external venues production team including developing and managing rosters for interns and volunteers
• Brief and Manage the FOH team at all external venues prior to each concert
• Be aware of all CIMF safety and risk procedures, and ensure that they are being followed in al external venues including the supervision of CIMF volunteers and artists
• Manage the Artist Green Room at external venues including supplies and cleaning
• Liaise with the Office & Finance Manager, Transport Coordinator and Billeting Officer to coordinate accommodation and transport for each performer
• Liaise with Office & Finance Manager to confirm all artist travel details: including flights, arrival & departure dates and accommodation bookings- update artists as required
• Liaise with the Office & Finance Manager and Production Manager to identify and resolve and artist contractual issues.
• Work with the Transport Coordinator and Billeting Officer in the lead up to and during the festival to ensure smooth movement of performers between concerts and rehearsals
• Liaise with the Marketing Coordinator that all sponsorship and marketing agreements with external venues are honoured, including placement of sponsor banners, sponsor acknowledgements etc.
• Keep the General Manager informed of emerging personnel or budget issues
For more information, contact Rachel Gould, CIMF Production Manager (email@example.com or 0413 216 557).
Please provide a recent CV, a brief background of experience and your availability.
Expressions of interest due by Tuesday 31 January 2017.